Spring is my favourite time of year, it’s not too hot and not too cold. The weather sings to you in the morning and everyone seems perkier. As it warms up event season kicks off and my diary quickly fills with fun events to attend whether it be a charity gala or a kid’s birthday party. It’s the time of year to come out of hibernation and re-join the general population.
With party season in mind and the thought of hopping from one event to the next I decided it was time to get myself organized. The first thing I did was boost my training sessions to get spring ready and then I pre-ordered all of my outfits so the dreaded ‘I have nothing to wear’ moment would not arise.
Living on the Sunshine Coast means that we really only have two major season changes from cold to warm and then warm to hot, so it’s safe to pre-purchase an outfit in September to wear in December. My favourite way to organize outfits for event season is to shop online and at the moment I am a regular on The Gown House site.
The Gown House has quickly become one of my faves because:
* They have a huge selection of Australian Designer
* What you see is what you get
* Easy returns, no hassle and fast refunds
* Honest sizing
* Beautiful quality for a very small price
I recently purchased a gorgeous dress from The Gown House for only $49, and it was even better in real life than online. The dress literally stops people in the street and sends lots of compliments my way, so it has quickly become one of my favourites!
Some of my best purchases from The Gown House have been under $100 and a few weeks ago I got a gorgeous lace dress to wear on a girl’s getaway for just $79. It’s almost identical to a $499 designer dress I’d previously tried on.
I’m a big believer in searching for the best price when shopping and you will very rarely see me in a $500 dress. In fact, that’s how much I paid for my $2,000 wedding gown but that’s another story….
Here’s a few tips on looking fabulous for less:
1. Planning is key. Now is the time to start thinking about Melbourne Cup, Derby Day, Christmas Functions and New Year’s. Think of the event, the weather and give yourself plenty of time to find an outfit, so you’re not in a rush.
2. Research, research, research! Jump online, check out the latest trends and see what colours/ styles you like and then go hunting with this in mind. It will save you both time and money.
3. Head straight for the SALE section when shopping online, this step never serves me wrong. Quite often everything is still in season and available due to limited sizes.
4. Subscribe to online stores. Most offer discounts and regular member specials plus free postage days.
5. Take chances. Some of my best buys have been made by taking a risk and choosing a bold colour or design which many shoppers felt was too risky so the item has found its way to the marked down section. If you buy ahead of time with a company that will return, then what do you have to lose? Often you will gain a stunning look that turns heads for very little money.
6. Buy all of your accessories online. I’m a huge fan of eBay for last minute accessories at a bargain price. I’ve saved thousands on fascinators, handbags and jewellery.
7. Buy something that you wear will again and that can be dressed up or down with different accessories, shoes etc.
Now, as I said we are now moving closer to the holiday and party season so to help you in your own quest to look fabulous without breaking the piggy bank I’ve teamed up with the gorgeous Keziah, owner of The Gown House and we are going to give one lucky reader the chance to WIN a $50 voucher to spend online with The Gown House plus we are giving all of you 20% off any purchase. Just use the promocode MRSTINK!
How fab does that sound? For a chance to win the $50 voucher simply head over to www.thegownhouse.com.au and choose your favourite gown and share with us where you would wear it? The judges will choose their favourite answer and announce a winner 2nd of October at 9pm