Mrs Tink gets her Betty Crocker on

I’m no Betty Crocker. I try my best but ‘wow, that Mrs Tink can cook’ has never been uttered from anyone’s mouth. For quite some time now Master 6 has been asking me for creative desserts after dinner and it seems that a simple bowl of ice cream is not up to the standards of my the little man who is always confused as to why I haven’t been baking cupcakes for him all day as he sees on his Brady Bunch type TV shows.
In a bid to please Master 6 I’ve tried to push the boundaries by adding milo or sprinkles to his ice cream, none of which impressed his fine palette. So when the team at Wattle Valley gave me the opportunity to sample their Chocolate Coated Mini Waffles and their Belgium Style Waffles I knew I’d come up trumps with Master 6 with this review. I mean after all waffles eh, how fancy is that?!

After dinner Master 6 eagerly asked his usual sing song question, “What’s for dessert mum?” Expecting me to say an icy pole or crackers. He was suddenly deafened by my fancy tone and reply, “waffles with ice cream and strawberries.”

The poor child was dumbfounded and so was Mr Tink who popped his head around the corner asking if we were eating out. With the two men in my life bewildered and worried I got to work and placed the waffles in the microwave for 30 seconds (a super hard and technical step). Once finished I removed and layered with ice cream and strawberries and Ta Da! Mrs Tink’s fancy smancy (a Mrs Tink word) dessert was served!

The look on their faces was priceless and the silence deafening as they put their heads down, bums up and devoured the lot. Yes I’d had a win and was making my way to Betty Crocker status, my boys thought I was some sort of Master Chef and begged for the same dessert for the rest of the week. Another huge perk was Master 6 gobbled up dinner without any drama nightly just so he could get to dessert which was a major win.

Do you want to spice up your dessert menu? Would you like to try some waffles from Wattle Valley? I have a packet of both the Belgium Style and the Chocolate Coated Mini Waffles to giveaway to 3 readers. To enter simply share with me your favourite dessert of all time? Our judges will choose their favourite answers and announce winners on the 4th of November at 9pm

Good luck xx

12 thoughts on “Mrs Tink gets her Betty Crocker on

1. yvonne ryan says:

I just love desert my favourite desert of all time would be chocolate pudding with fresh cream , l know most people like custard on pudding but cream for me 🙂

2. Tanya Walsh says:

your desert looks pretty good Mrs Tink waffles are certainly delicious but my favourite desert is a banana split . I hardly ever have it the calories are a killer when l load it up with icecream ,cream ,chocolate topping and nuts on the top mmm delicious

3. Kathryn says:

Your desserts look amazing Mrs Tink! I would have to say my favourite dessert is warm sticky date pudding served with vanilla bean ice-cream and a warm caramel sauce. Waffles come in a close second 🙂 🙂 🙂

4. Leanne Mugridge says:

Your house sounds like my house. Um, anyone else can have a go at dessert! Anyone? No, didn’t think so. I attempted a version of my own Eton Mess one night (over several nights actually) and have a hit on my hands. I used canned mango, but fresh is obviously now available to line the bottom of a (dessert) glass! then layer a little crushed meringue, layer with vanilla ice cream, layer with mango nectar to run throughout the glass, layer with some cream or more ice cream, with some more mango layered on top. Looks fabulous and decorative in the glass and tastes divine. I then got really clever with different variations including a berry version and my personal fave (but no-one else’s), a choc mint version. Ooh, to die for.

5. Kaye Tyson says:

My favourite dessert of ALL TIME would be the chocolate lava cakes from Dominos with icecream. I always order two even though afterwards I feel like I’m going to explode! They just taste too good!

6. Jane says:

My favourite desert is my Gran’s apple crumble. She’s not too much of a chef but she is a traditional english lady who makes the most amazing stewed apples with a crunchy topping and to top it off there is the cream on the side. It will always remind me of my Gran x