Back to School with the Smiggle Pedometer

smiggle product 3

We live in an age surrounded by screens, iPads, laptops, televisions, video games and then there are phones. As we surround ourselves with technology (which don’t get me wrong I love ) our kids have become less active. Gone are the days where they would race home from school and they race for the bike or rollerblades to play non stop outside until dinner time. Master 6 is obsessed with his screens and getting him active has at time been a problem one that team at Smiggle have quickly turned into problem solved. What is this magical product you ask… It’s an pedometer for kids. It simply clips to their clothes or shoes and counts all their steps and for a competitive little guy like mine he has gone out his way to get moving just so he can see those steps go up, up, up. Not only has it been a great device for getting Mastet 6 active it also has been great for teaching his numbers. It’s so clever I took it for a little test spin myself and am now off to purchase a pretty pink for for me!

Would you like to get your little person moving more in real like and less through Minecraft ? The lovely team at Smiggle are giving one lucky reader the chance to wine their own Active Pedometer valued at $19.95.

For a chance to simply share with me how you used to stay active after school ? The judges will choose their favourite answer and announce a winner on the 4th of February at 10pm

Good Luck x

smiggle logo
Get active & get walking! Our digital pedometer is custom made for kids. Can you walk 10,000 steps in a day? Features a large size easy to handle clip, one simple re set button, made from sturdy plastic.

Website: http://www.smiggle.com.au
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/smiggle
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/smiggle_

17 thoughts on “Back to School with the Smiggle Pedometer

1. Stacey Kerr says:

I was a ballet dancer. Averaged about 5 days a week doing the many styles of dance. It was my passion and I absolutely loved it. You don’t want to see me attempt the splits these days 😳

2. katie says:

I used to go to the local park and reserve. We kicked the ball around, had running races up and down the hills, attempted a few times to ride our bikes and climbed over the giant spider climbing frame. This wasn’t even when we were in primary, we used to do the same in high school 🙂

3. Donna Allen says:

My sisters and i would door knock all our friends and ask if they could come out to play.. we would climb trees, build tree houses or tee pees. Ride, roller skate, play on the swings.. so much outdoor activities. Im glad i was born in the 80s 🙂

4. vonnie1964 says:

as a kid growing up in the 70’s we didn’t have a lot on offer , but l used to ride my bike everywhere and l love my skateboard and roller skates (l was a Tomboy)dad even made us kid’s a billie cart and l remember the seat was made out of a milk crate!! l never did girlie things and used to hang with my 4 brothers and their friends . we didn’t have what kids have today but we had freedom

5. Leigh Isabeth says:

I was lucky that my bestie had a trampoline, so spent most afternoons clowning on the trampoline to our favourite tape on her ghetto blaster … (Rick astley) lol, and I was lucky that the small town I’m from was really safe, so it was no problem for us to go to the beach or in town too, as long as home when street lights came on.

6. Anj K says:

We would ride our bikes a few blocks to an old paddock with a few horses and great climbing trees in it! We had a cubby up one of the trees and would decorate it with little trinkets and carve who we loved into the tree trunks… fun memories with my girlfriends!

7. KAT ROGERS says:

Generally we alk the dog once after school sports are done, usually the kids will ride their bikes till we get thee then they kick the ball and run around with the dog

8. Bianca says:

I used to spend endless hours after school surfskiing and swimming with my big brother
    Best memories ever and if we werent doing that we would be on cardboard boxes on the mud hills

9. belinda says:

we always used to eat something first because we were always starving! (hhahaaa) then we would be outside riding our bikes and looking for bugs in the garden.

I use to love riding my bright pink barbie roller skates. My absolute favourite thing. I use to pretend I was a waitress and bring cold drinks to my brother that was relaxing on the grass ☺️☺️☺️☺️

11. Leanne says:

Love grabbing the kids rounding up our three chichuahuas and taking them down to the beach they love a good run in the water and they chase the seaweed when it blows around it is great having all the family together