Any 70’s babies will remember ‘Stretch Armstrong’ and his amazing ability to twist and stretch in positions like no other. This year the team at Big Balloon are bringing the 70’s icon back! This years ultimate pressie on many little kids and especially big kids Wishlist is the The Original Stretch Armstrong.

The original Stretch Armstrong action figure from the 70s is back to delight a new generation of kids. More than 40 years on, Stretch hasn’t aged a bit – featuring the original head sculpt, you can still stretch him and tie him in knots, before he slides back into his original muscle-bound shape.

I myself have always loved seeing my kids play with the same things as I did as a kid, but this one in particular had Mr Tink as excited as a kid at Christmas! So much so I have my doubts Master 8 will even get a turn, which is why I was excited to find out that Big Balloon also have brought out a range of Stretch Justice League.

Batman, Superman and Flash have had a mini Stretch makeover too!  Stretch them, pull them, tie them in knots.  When you release your figure, he uses his amazing strength to slowly return to his normal shape.

Three Justice League Superheros each ready to be twisted and stretched for hours on end. So if you are looking for a present that is going to keep your kids active and away from screens you can’t go past these stretches likewise if you have a husband who you would also like to get off the couch! Big snaps to Big Balloon for bringing a little retro back this Christmas.

Would you like to WIN your own Stretch for your little person.. or big person ? Simply comment below and share with me your favourite toy when you were growing up ? I will choose my favourite answer and announce a winner a on Wednesday at 9pm

Available from Big W, Toys R Us and all good toy retailers

17 thoughts on “The Original Stretch Armstrong. The perfect gift for little kids….and big kids too!

1. Hannah Baker says:

I still have my puffalump teddy bear he went everywhere with me and to my husbands horror that still means he stays on the bed, hubby says he looks like a rag as he’s been stiched up so much he doesn’t really look like a bear anymore but I played for hours and hours and he’s been all over the world with me! even though I’m close to 30 I still say “good morning plump” hubby still laughs at me hehe

2. Rebecca Costa says:

Oh my cornsilk cabbage doll was my everything. It was so awesome to brush her hair as silky hair and she hugged me all the time when i was crying in my room after a fight with mum or twin sister as a kid/teenager. She helped me through my 1st crush at 16 years as again i hugged her while crying after that boy rejected me! Oh its making me tear up how much her hugs got me through hard times! I loved her so much. Sadly mum threw her out years, years ago

3. sharyn williams says:

i would love this (the kids will have to fight/stretch me for it lol). i loved the rubiks cube – it kept us entertained for hours and was such a challenge – i still love them 🙂

Barbie .. oh how I loves mu Barbie dolls I collected so many and thier clothes .. I was just a Barbie girl .. I still remember wanting Barbie camper van I never did get it from santa .. Saw one the other day and nearly brought it .. I still have some of my Barbies put away ..I remember Stretch Armstrong and my son would love him hes very vintage 😃

6. Debbie Dye says:

I remember watching a movie called The Hugga Bunch, it was all about these cute stuffed puppets/dolls who lived in a land where everyone liked to hug a lot. I loved that movie, & for Christmas that year I got my very own hugga bunch doll called ‘Precious Hugs’. She had blonde curly hair and a pale pink dress. I loved that doll to death, I hugged her every night hoping she’d come to life like in the movie ❤

7. jayla1987 says:

I had a sleeping barbie you wiped its eyes and it went to sleep it was so cool, I’d love a stretch for my little boy hed play with this so roughly and couldn’t hurt it. Jessica Ashbrooke

8. Cheerie Murnane says:

I had a crawling doll I would put her on the floor and crawl along with her, still have her in theoriginal outfit, with blond curly hair, but she doesn’t crawl anymore, she sits on a chair in the corner of the room. She is not leaving any time soon.

9. Damian says:

A water pistol was my all time favourite. I would hide, jump out and give everyone a good spray! They didn’t mind so much on a hot day but there was lots of screams on a cold one. To me it was always great fun.

10. Jo Chen says:

20 cent Bouncy balls were once my everything. They would bounce so high and in random directions that you would never know where they were going to go. Part of the fun was finding where they had bounced off to as they were too precious to lose. My kids take after me as they love bouncy balls. Everytime they get a new one I do all that I can to get the first bounce.

11. JayAnne says:

Santa brought me a life sized Strawberry Shortcake doll and I fell in love with the doll and with desserts! How could I resist with her friends being Plum Pudding, Lemon Meringue and Blueberry Muffin. Over the years I collected everyone. They were all scented like the real deal and they get the blame for my love of sweets and desserts today 🍰 ☺ 🍓

12. Kathryn says:

My Rainbow bright doll. I use to carry her everywhere and anywhere. My Mum recently found it in her cupboard and gave it to my daughter. I just couldn’t let go of it. I took it off her and Miss Rainbow bright is now sitting in my walk in robe.

13. K.Smith says:

We would love a stretch toy as much as we loved our homemade tin can toys.

After seeing it on tv we made a telephone and stilts from tin cans and string. Not only were they fun but we thought we were so up with technology and genius for making them.